Tim Storey, the acclaimed author, speaker, and life coach to world-famous celebrities and athletes, shares his wisdom on the Miracle Mentality that he wants everyone to be able to achieve. Learn how Tim helps his clients create their own comeback...
Tim Storey, the acclaimed author, speaker, and life coach to world-famous celebrities and athletes, shares his wisdom on the Miracle Mentality that he wants everyone to be able to achieve. Learn how Tim helps his clients create their own comeback story through forgiveness and insight, and how you can use his teachings to better understand yourself and live a more full life.
- Tim Storey is known as the Comeback Coach and has helped a number of popular celebrities, business people, and athletes.
- Everyone is on a journey in life and begins with a lot of momentum, but we usually run into obstacles that we need to overcome, and it’s those life turning points that Tim helps people with.
- Structure was missing in Tim’s family because of financial stresses. It wasn’t until Tim was in 4th and 5th grade did his teachers really start to take notice of him and those teachers played a big part of his growth as a person.
- When you have a setback, you have choices. You can sit in it, you can settle, which is what most people do, you can cement yourself, or you can push through it. When you feel the sting of a set back, God is preparing the comeback.
- Tim recalls a memory of a race when he was in school where he forfeited his opportunity to win in order to help someone else who was having an asthma attack. That’s when he realized that he’s a humanitarian that will gladly give up his chance to win to help an underdog win.
- Sometimes you just have to sit with someone when they are in crisis. Tim is always looking for people he can help, regardless of who they are.
- Tim’s brother died from his addiction and that experience helped him understand that addiction is widespread and plenty of people need help.
- The average person nurses, curses, and rehearses their problems. To get past that, you have to be awake, take an inventory, and partner with the right people. That’s Tim’s strength. He’s not afraid to ask for help or get therapy if he needs to. He’s smart enough to know that he needs an infusion of strength into him as well.
- It’s rare that someone will change quickly. A slow transformation is the one that lasts.
- A lot of celebrities are surrounded by people who want to take advantage of them, so trust is always an issue. They face the same challenges as most people, but they get amplified by their celebrity status.
- There is a price to do what we do. The deeper Tim goes with someone, the more he needs to know in order to help them.
- Tim tells the story of a famous football player that believed that his problems were taking over his life, but when he went back to his childhood school, he reconnected with his innocence and put his life into perspective.
- We talk about triggers in recovery as a negative thing, but there are positive triggers as well. Tim triggers himself every day by reconnecting with the music of his childhood and that helps keep him grounded.
- A lot of what we are looking for is momentum, but there are a number of people that will come into our lives that will want to hold us back. Their offense towards you will put you on the defense and kill your momentum. If you’re too offended, you will pass by the things that really matter. You have to forgive in order to keep moving forward. Freedom comes from forgiveness.
- Not everyone will accept your apology. Not everybody is going to be supportive of your comeback story.
- Meditation has changed Tim’s life. Every morning, Tim prays and meditates which puts him in such a state of peace that people ask him what he does to stay so calm. Meditation allows Tim to stay calm, cool, and collected no matter what happens in his life.
- The Miracle Mentality is how we think when we’re kids, and we need to relearn how to release it to make great things happen.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Miracle Mentality by Tim Storey